April 22, 2020 12:44 PM
April 17 - Reopening Texas
April 17, 2020 *Reopening Texas*
Gov. Abbott issues Executive Orders (GA 15-17) to reopen Texas.
Gov. Abbott issued a new Executive Order in a first step for lifting COVID-19-prompted restrictions on Texas. We expect to see some additional details from Collin and Denton Counties in the days ahead providing guidance for regional action, and we will link the Governor’s order on the City website once the signed copy is made available. Below are some highlights from Gov. Abbott’s press conference:
- Texas schools both public and private will remain closed through the end of the 19-20 school year (GA-16).
- Retailers statewide will be able to start employing "retail-to-go" strategies beginning Friday, April 24, allowing shoppers to buy online and pickup without going into stores (We expect to receive more detail about this in the days ahead, so thanks for your patience on this one.)
- State parks will reopen Monday, April 20 with visitors required to wear masks and maintain social distancing. Groups will also be limited to five or less (GA-17).
- Restrictions are being relaxed around elective medical procedures, including diagnostic testing and elective surgeries.
- Additional Executive Orders are expected to be announced on April 27 and at some point in May for the next phases in lifting Texas restrictions.
The City of Celina is represented on the Collin County task force that has been assembled to create a plan to reopen business in Collin County. We will update you as soon as we have more information. Please continue to monitor this page for up-to-date Coronavirus information.