What is Deferred Disposition?Deferred Disposition is when the Court defers disposition without entering an adjudication of guilt and orders imposition of a deferred disposition fine and court costs. The Court will place you on a deferred disposition probation for a period not to exceed 180 days and may require certain conditions/requirements. If you successfully comply with the conditions of the agreement, then the case will be DISMISSED by the Court and not reported as a conviction.
What is required at the time I request D
Request must be made on or before your appearance date. Requests are encouraged by email, mail, or drop box.
- Proof of valid Driver’s License (NO CDL) or State-issued ID non-moving violations
- Plea of No Contest or Guilty, waiver of jury trial
- Deferred Disposition Request
- Deferred Disposition Fine set by the Judge plus court costs
If Deferred Disposition is granted, what are the conditions?
(May not contain a complete listing.)
- The probationary period will be determined by the Judge not to exceed 180 days. No tickets in the City of Celina during deferral period.
- Under 25 years of age, shall complete State-approved Driver Safety Course
- Provisional Driver License – Complete a DPS-administered Driving Road Test and complete State-approved Driver Safety Course
- Insurance Offenses - Must maintain insurance during deferral period
(Listing below may fall under State law or require a court date. Contact the court for additional information.)
- The driver is a holder of a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- The offense occurred in a construction or maintenance work zone when workers were present
- The Defendant was involved in an accident resulting in property damage or personal injury
- The offense involves passing a school bus
- The offense involves failing to obey a school crossing guard
- The offense involves speeding in excess of 30 mph or more over the posted speed limit; excess of 85 mph.
- The offense involves personal citizen complaints
- I was granted deferred disposition within the last twelve (12) months in the City of Celina
- I am currently on deferred disposition in the City of Celina or another jurisdiction
REQUEST DEFERRED DISPOSITION
Nothing contained herein is intended to be nor should be construed as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. The information on this site is compiled and made available as a public service by the Celina Municipal Court. However, neither the Court nor the City of Celina makes any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information herein, and is not responsible for errors or omissions, or for results obtained from the use of this information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.