How to Handle Your Ticket

Municipal Court will be CLOSED for continuing professional education on the following dates/times:

  • March 27th, 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm

  • March 28th, 7:30 am - 5:30 pm

  • March 29th, 7:30 am - 1:00 pm

Municipal Court Clerk Office is located in City Hall and observes the same CLOSURES and HOLIDAYS as City Hall.

Please allow up to 3 BUSINESS DAYS for the court to receive your ticket before contacting the court and/or submitting request(s) online. Clerks cannot assist you with your ticket before it is filed with the court.

Once your ticket is filed, any and all communication must come from the defendant or an attorney representing the defendant.


The appearance date on the ticket DOES NOT APPLY to the following:

  1. (1) Juveniles (Age 16 & Under) - All Offenses
  2. (2) Minors (Under Age 21) - Alcohol Offenses, Minor Public Intoxication, & Minor Driving Under the Influence
  3. (3) Assault - Family Violence

A court date will be mailed/emailed to the address on file with the court.  

CLICK HERE to update contact information / add email address.

Can I handle my ticket without going to court?  

In most cases, yes.  Online options are available for most requests to the court.  Refer to the following information.      

Can my ticket be dismissed? 

If your ticket does not qualify for a dismissal, review the plea information and determine your plea. 

After you determine your plea, review the four options below.
Option #1

Pay Ticket (Final Judgment)
(No Contest or Guilty Plea)

Be advised that payment will result in a conviction and forfeits any right to request a Driving Safety Course or Deferred Disposition for possible dismissal of your ticket. A conviction of an offense under a traffic law of this State or political subdivision of this State may be reported to DPS.  Refer to the Offense Fee Chart to obtain the amount.
  •  Online:  Pay in full online at or call The Payment Group at 


    (Plea Form not required.)  
  •  Mail:  (1) Enter a plea using the plea form on your ticket or print the online Plea Form. (2) Check or money order payable to Celina Municipal Court.  
  •  In Person:  Forms of payment:  Cash, Check, Money Order, or Credit Card.  (A convenience fee applies to debit or credit card transactions.)

Option #2

Driving Safety Course
(No Contest or Guilty Plea)

Option #3 

Deferred Disposition
(No Contest or Guilty Plea)

Option #4  

Set for Trial 
(Not Guilty Plea) 

  • Enter a Not Guilty plea using the Court Date Request or plea form on your ticket.  Plea of Not Guilty can be submitted by email, mail, or in person.  Once a court date is determined, a docket notice will be mailed/emailed to the address on file with the court.


If you qualify, the Judge may allow you to pay the fees in installments.  If you are determined by the Judge to have insufficient resources or income to pay, the Judge may provide you other ways to discharge the fine and costs.  Contact the Court Clerk for information.

Municipal Court Address:
142 N. Ohio Street (Clerk Office)
112 N. Colorado Street (Courtroom) 
Celina, Texas  75009

Clerk Office Hours:  
Monday - Thursday
7:30 am - 11:00 am, 12:00 pm - 5:30 pm 
(*Closed for lunch, 11:00 am -12:00 pm)
7:30 am - 11:30 am

Court Email:
Court Phone:  (972) 382-2962

 Nothing contained herein is intended to be nor should be construed as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. The information on this site is compiled and made available as a public service by the Celina Municipal Court. However, neither the Court nor the City of Celina makes any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information herein, and is not responsible for errors or omissions, or for results obtained from the use of this information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.