The SafeCam initiative is another tool that the Celina Police Department can use for crime prevention and investigations. This program aims to deter crime and promote public safety through partnerships between the Celina Police Department and the community we serve.
Citizen-provided security camera footage is increasingly becoming an invaluable asset to CPD, helping us establish leads and identify suspect(s). Surveillance video recorded by cameras owned by residents and business owners has aided in the arrests of multiple criminals. The SafeCam initiative is your opportunity to help make the neighborhood in which you live and work a safer place for the entire community. Registering your camera not only helps deter crime but assists the Department in its overall crime prevention strategy in your neighborhood.
EMAIL ANY QUESTIONS TO: email@example.com
Residents and business owners who currently have cameras or are looking to purchase cameras can complete three easy steps to register their cameras with SafeCam.
1. Registering: The online application takes about 10 minutes to fill out. There is no cost for registering your camera. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
2. Verification: Once you have completed the registration and verification process, a member of the Department will follow up with you to confirm your registration.
3. Call of Duty: If a criminal incident happened in your vicinity, you will be contacted by the Celina Police Department. Police personnel, if necessary, may request a copy of the video that was captured by your camera to assist in the investigation of a crime.
By voluntarily registering your contact information with CPD, detectives will know how to reach you if a crime occurs in the vicinity of your property. Registering your information does not provide CPD with\ direct access to your camera. The Celina Police Department will only contact you if they believe your camera could contain evidence relevant to a criminal investigation. Evidence provided by your camera could mean the difference between bringing a criminal to justice versus leaving a crime unsolved.
The goal of SafeCam is to deter crime and promote public safety through a partnership between the Celina Police Department and the communities we serve. Accordingly, all SafeCam registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Celina Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
2. If necessary, the Celina Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
3. Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Celina and/or the Celina Police Department through the SafeCam program.
4. Under no circumstances shall the Celina Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.