It’s an exhilarating time in Celina! Currently, with an estimated population of 28,000, the City of Celina’s population has nearly tripled since 2010. This pace makes Celina one of the fastest growing cities in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Situated in high-growth Collin County and nestled between the major arteries of Preston Road to the east and the future Dallas North Tollway to the west, Celina’s maximum projected buildout population is approximately 378,000.
In other words, Celina is positioned geographically, demographically and economically to quickly become a big player in the North Texas metropolitan community.
Celina’s median household income is $92,000, with an average home value of $429,705. Residents are only minutes away from Frisco’s “$5 Billion Mile,” major hospitals, and the top-ranked Prosper and Celina school districts.
Celina is known for its celebration of authentic culture. Its signature event, CajunFest, as well as several other family-oriented events including Parkfest, Fri- day Night Farmer’s Markets, Movies on the Square, Splash and Blast 4th of July Celebration, Trick or Treat on the Square and Christmas on the Square promote a community identity. For the adults, several local wineries promote an interest in culture and good wine.
- We always do our best
- We embrace innovation and efficiency while remaining good stewards of City resources
- We are accountable and take pride in our work
- We seek opportunities to learn and expand our professional horizons
- We are a unified body and work as a team
- When we disagree, we resolve it according to our Core Values
- We value and respect all employees and our customers
- We foster a culture that includes understanding, support, balance, and a sense of humor
- We embrace openness, diversity, and inclusion
- We do the right thing at all times
- We are committed to building and maintaining credibility and trust both internally and externally
- We are accountable in our words and actions
- We question actions that may be inconsistent with our Core Values
- We are selfless public servants and believe in helping others
- We treat everyone the way we wish to be treated
- We are caring and empathetic in all we do
- We work to deliver excellent service to all we encounter
Brand Tagline: Life Connected
What does “Life Connected” mean?
Celina is literally wired for connectivity with high-speed fiber but also encourages personal connections through interconnected trails, open patios, and a thriving town square. Businesses and communities are built on connections. Celina brings people together.
The culture of Celina is founded on the principle of Servant Leadership. This means that every decision made by the city is intended to make sure that the Celina resident's highest priority needs are being served. We are focused on the growth and well-being of the people of the community.
Although Celina was not esablished until 1876, settlers came into the area at a much earlier date. In October 1879 a little settlement began to form a few miles southwest of the present day Celina. John T. Mulkey, Celina’s first Postmaster, renamed the town after Celina, Tennessee. The Methodist church was built in 1880, and also doubled as the school for a while. By 1885, a general store, mill and a drug store had been opened in “Old Celina’. When the rail- road came through town in 1902, residents made the effort to move the town’s actual main street eastward toward the tracks. The result is where the town square stands today. Celina has always been a Small City, with a Big Vision!
With a pre-K, two local public elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools, parents have fantastic options with the highly rated school districts of both Celina and Prosper. We take great pride in our Bobcats! Our high school football team has won eight State Championships, and we have won 20 State titles across eight sports.
GOVERNANCE AND ORGANIZATION
Celina is operated by a Council-Manager form of government, with six council members and a mayor, each of whom is elected, at-large, to three- year terms. The council appoints a city manager to act as the chief administrative officer of the city.
Celina’s total fiscal year budget is $34 million, with a staff of 103 employees.