Rules for lawn irrigation and irrigation systems
- Outdoor watering with sprinklers is prohibited from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day from June 1 through September 30. (Resetting of watering times in sprinkler systems is recommended to comply with the water schedule. Watering with handheld hoses, soaker hoses, or dispensers is allowed.)
- All new irrigation systems are required to include rain and freeze sensors, capable of multiple programming.
- All new irrigation systems are required to be in compliance with state design and installation regulations (TAC Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 344).
- Irrigation systems that spray directly onto impervious surfaces or onto other non-irrigated areas are prohibited. (Wind driven water drift will be taken into consideration).
- Outdoor watering during any form of precipitation is prohibited.
- Fugitive water flow is prohibited.
- No person or facility or operation shall cause or permit the flow of excess or fugitive water onto any adjacent property or public right-of-way.
Water Well Drilling
On January 10, 2011 the Celina City Council approved the adoption of an ordinance setting forth guidelines for private well drilling in Celina. The ordinance insures that best practices are utilized during construction and that minimum standards for well construction are met. This ordinance requires that wells are properly constructed in a way that reduces the contamination risk to the aquifer (underground water bearing formation) and the risk of cross connections between the well and the potable water system. For more information click on the links below: