Trash & Recycling
Each customer is provided (1) green trash cart.
- Waste Connections is the contracted provider for solid waste and recycling pickup for the City of Celina. For missed trash or recycling pickups, please call 972-382-3345.
- All non-recyclable waste should be placed inside the green cart and placed curbside prior to 7 a.m. on the scheduled pick up day.
- Trash is picked up once each week.
- Recycling is picked once each week.
- Avoid overloading trash and recycle carts The truck’s mechanical arm can only lift up to 100 lbs.
- Construction debris, tires, wood and items that are too heavy cannot be serviced.
Each customer is provided (1) blue recycling cart.
- The recycling cart should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. every week on the scheduled pickup day.
- Please allow 5 feet between trash and recycling carts to allow cart pickup by automatic arms.
- Please keep your carts at least 5 feet from vehicles and other obstructions.
Holiday Schedule - Waste Connections
Waste Connections holiday pickup schedule. Enter your postal code into our easy-to-use lookup tool and you'll be able to see if a holiday will impact your regular collection schedule.
CLICK HERE TO THE HOLIDAY PICK-UP SCHEDULE
Bulk Trash Pick Up
Now, customers have the opportunity to schedule Bulk Pick-ups from Waste Connections over any of the four weeks in the month. Brush and Bulky Trash pick-up service is no longer a routine scheduled service. Customers will need to contact Waste Connections to schedule the collection of their brush and bulky items. Collection is available 2 times per month and customers must use the (Wasteconnect) Mobile App or call Waste Connection customer service to schedule collection. Waste Connections phone number is: (469) 452-8000.
Brush and Bulky Trash scheduled collections will occur on the homeowner's next regularly scheduled trash pick-up day. The deadline for registering is 4:30 pm before pick-up. For Monday pick-ups, you must schedule by 4:30 pm the Friday prior.
- Large/Bulk household items may be placed at the curb up to 2 cubic yards or 200 lbs. per collection. Example: 2 cubic yards is equivalent to 5 leaf bags or 10 13-gallon bags, or two standard size washers side by side, or one couch.
- Tree limbs must be cut in lengths no longer than four (4) feet and bundled - maximum of 5 bundles.
- Boxes must be flattened.
- Appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners must have a certificate verifying that they have been properly evacuated.
- No items heavier than fifty (50) pounds - for items heaver than fifty pounds, contact Waste Connections at 469-452-8000.
- No batteries, tires, paint, oil, or any item containing Freon or hazardous waste.